Last Updated: March 10, 2021
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Quest collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
• Contact Information. When you sign up for an account, for example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number
• Payment Information. When you order a product on the Platform, we may collect your billing address and payment information.
• Information You Post. We may collect information you post in a public space on our Platform, such as when you comment or submit a customer review.
• Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
• Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform. We may also collect information when you enter a promotion, contest or challenge. This may include information about your height, weight and fitness. It may also include photos, videos and other user-generated content that you submit.
• Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code. We may also collect information that could identify you and relates to your hobbies, interests and shopping behavior.
• Device Information. When you browse our Platform, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
• Other Information. If you use our Platform, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Quest collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
• Directly From You. For example, when you:
• Passively. For example, when you:
We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
• From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
• To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions.
• To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Platform, products and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
• To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
• To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
• To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
• To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence.
• For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
• For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
• As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information (including to entities located overseas) in the following ways:
• With Our Affiliates and Parent Company For example, we may share your information with our affiliates in the United States.
• On our Platform. or example, we may publically display information you post on our social media sites or submit through our customer reviews feature. We may also display information you submit in connection with a promotion.
• With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
• With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion or helps us administer a health challenge. We may also share information with social media sites, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers. We may also share information with companies that help us learn more about our customers.
• With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. his may include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
• With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if Quest merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may sell or transfer our customer information as an asset or as part of a larger transaction action.
• To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
• For Other Reasons We May Describe to You At The Relevant Time.
OVERSEAS TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of our service providers, including data storage and technology service providers, may be located or use locations outside of Australia.
Where we share personal information overseas, we take steps to ensure that our service providers are obliged to protect this personal information in accordance with Australian legal requirements and that they are only permitted to use personal information for the purpose for which it is shared.
Our service providers or their data storage servers may be located, and may store your personal information from time to time, in a number of countries, including the EU and the United States
We may share your personal information overseas for reasons including:
- where we have made a business decision to engage with a trusted service provider to assist us with certain functions, including data storage, combining and analyzing data and processing data;
- for disclosures between our affiliated companies;
- when the business that collected your personal information is in a different country to your location;
- where you are involved with public liability issues, we may share your personal information with our overseas insurer or other supplier of relevant services in the course of managing those issues.
This Platform is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country (unless specific laws of your jurisdiction apply to this Policy).
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Platform where this Policy is located is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions contained in the communication.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
Quest uses the following kinds of cookies on the Platform:
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
• Essential website cookies: These cookies are needed to provide you with services available through our Platform and to use some of their features, such as access to secure areas, maintain your security and privacy against potential risks and fraud activities to enable us to tailor our menu to your location. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Platform to you, the Platform might become inaccessible if you block those cookies.
• Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Platform is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Platform for you.
• Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
• Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Platform through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
• Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depend on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go herea>. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy
• Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
• Options you select are browser and device-specific.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in Australia, you may seek to access or correct the personal information we hold about you. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below.
If you reside in Australia and wish to raise a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below and provide us with as much detail as possible about your complaint. We will take any privacy complaint seriously and will assess any complaint with the aim of resolving it in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of the Quest Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
Any personal information we hold is generally stored electronically in computers or cloud systems operated by us or by our service providers. We implement a range of information security measures and encryption protocols when we handle your personal information to protect it from unauthorized access, loss, misuse or wrongful alteration.
Our third party payment processor protects your payment card details with encryption and hashing methods. Do not include your full card details when you communicate with us via email, SMS or chat messages. If we have to make a reference to your payment card number, we will only refer to the last four digits in any form of written communications.
Our Platform may contain links to other third party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by telephone at 888-212-0601. You may also write to us at the following address:
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform and change the “Last Updated” date above. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.